The Biography of the Prophetic (Seera)
- Course overview:
Studying the life of Prophet Muhammad is like studying the history of Islam. Incidents and situations from the Prophet’s life are real-life lessons to help us. Seerah is more than studying the biography of a person, it is a biography of our most beloved’s life and the history of our religion.
Muhammad ibn Saad ibn Abee Waqqas said our father would teach us the battles of Rasul Allah and tell us these are the traditions of your fathers so study them. Ali bin Hussain ibn Ali ibn Talib said we were taught the seerah of the Prophet like we were taught the Quran. This course is well parked with information about the life of the prophet based on authentic sources to help students understand the true identity of our beloved prophet.
- Course objectives:
- Creating awareness of the life in which the prophet of humanity lived
- To take and derive life lessons from the study of the prophet’s biography.
- To know the effort sought by the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and his companions in spreading the religion and uprooting the jahiliya.
- Instilling faith in students with regards to the immortality of the message of the prophet (Islam) and trust in The Victory of Allah for his religion and to achieve loyalty to God and his Messenger and to be proud of that.
- The Prophet’s Biography: Its definition and importance.
- Sources of the Prophet’s biography, the benefits of studying the biography.
- Extract lessons and judgments from the biography.
- Biography sections in terms of time: a) pre-mission, b) from mission to immigration, c) from migration to death.
- Sections of the biography in terms of subjects: a) shamaa’ils and morals, b) signs of prophecy, c) the life of the Prophet and his wars (Al-maghazi).
- Prophetic mercy and morals and signs of prophecy.
- A presentation of the Meccan era, images of the harm inflicted by the Prophet and his companions in Mecca
- Features of the Maki Era.
- Lessons extracted from the Maki era.