The Biography of the Prophetic (Seera)
- Course overview:
Studying the life of Prophet Muhammad is like studying the history of Islam. Incidents and situations from the Prophet’s life are real-life lessons to help us. Seerah is more than studying the biography of a person, it is a biography of our most beloved’s life and the history of our religion.
Muhammad ibn Saad ibn Abee Waqqas said our father would teach us the battles of Rasul Allah and tell us these are the traditions of your fathers so study them. Ali bin Hussain ibn Ali ibn Talib said we were taught the seerah of the Prophet like we were taught the Quran. This course is well parked with information about the life of the prophet based on authentic sources to help students understand the true identity of our beloved prophet.
- Course objectives:
- Creating awareness of the life in which the prophet of humanity lived
- To take and derive life lessons from the study of the prophet’s biography.
- To know the effort sought by the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and his companions in spreading the religion and uprooting the jahiliya.
- Instilling faith in students with regards to the immortality of the message of the prophet (Islam) and trust in The Victory of Allah for his religion and to achieve loyalty to God and his Messenger and to be proud of that.
- Course Outline:
- Prophetic migration and the building of the Islamic State.
- Prophetic wars and lessons learned from it.
- Tribal delegations to the Messenger of Allah.
- Features of the Madani era.
- Lessons from the Madani era.
- Prophet death, lessons, and effects.